Hudson County and Bergen County Lawyers Handing Nursing Home Negligence Cases
When a nursing assistant failed to use the proper procedure for lifting a nursing home patient, the elderly woman fell and broke her hip. Our attorney, Jeffrey Hasson, pursued a nursing home negligence lawsuit on her behalf and won financial compensation for her.
If you or a member of your family has suffered nursing home abuse or neglect, we would like to help you, too. Please contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey Hasson in Teaneck, New Jersey, for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. You pay no attorney’s fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
Nursing home patients are among the most vulnerable members of our society. They are in nursing homes and other residential care facilities because they are no longer able to take care of their own needs.
At the Law Offices of Jeffrey Hasson, we think it is unconscionable for nursing home owners and staff members to abuse and neglect their residents. We stand up for the rights of nursing home residents by pursuing financial compensation for their injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and more.
Here are examples of nursing home abuse and neglect identified by the National Center on Elder Abuse:
- Physical neglect: disregard for the necessities of daily living
- Medical neglect: lack of care for existing medical problems
- Failure to prevent dehydration and malnutrition
- Failure to prevent bed sores (also called pressure sores or pressure ulcers)
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Unsanitary and unclean conditions
- Failure to protect from health and safety hazards, especially falls
- Poor access to medical services
- Assault and battery
- Sexual assault
- Unreasonable physical restraint
- Giving too much, not enough, or the wrong medication
- Unexplained injuries
- Open wounds, cuts, bruises or welts
- Slapping, pushing, shaking, beating
Act NOW! Get the restitution you deserve
If you even suspect your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse and neglect, please contact our attorney to discuss your concerns. It costs you nothing to learn if you have an actionable case.